cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a scam - phone call offering iPhone and package for 60 /month

rossie51
Just Moved In

I received a phone call - from "Telus" offering iPhone 15s plus monthly unlimited package for 60/month total , no buy out at end of 2 years.  I asked them to verify themselves so they sent me an email from [email protected]

they wanted any debit of store card to be able to do a soft credit check before proceeding to courier the phone - no credit card required

the Telus stores aren't even offering such a good deal to loyal existing customers - is this a SCAM? or are they acting on behalf of Telus? how does someone know or verify this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As has been confirmed before, it's a scam.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As has been confirmed before, it's a scam.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk is correct. If the offer sounds too good to be true, it's probably a scam. 

When communicating with TELUS, we always call from official numbers found on our website. Making things a little more confusing is that phone numbers can be spoofed. To avoid this altogether, if you are (or were ever) a TELUS customer, ask them to leave notes on your file and you can call back using our official numbers to confirm the offer.

Additionally, we will never send emails from a non-TELUS dot com email address.