cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Security and Pets

Randomactpg
Friendly Neighbour
I have a Telus Security setup that includes indoor motion sensors.

We're looking into adding a dog to our family, is there anything I need to do to make sure the motion sensors don't trip when my dog's home alone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! Our sensors do have specific targeting parameters to help distinguish between humans and animals up to a certain weight/size. There are also always tips online to help navigate the world of home security with pets! Your best bet would be to reach out directly to our SmartHome Security team at 1-855-255-8828 so they can go over everything with you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! Our sensors do have specific targeting parameters to help distinguish between humans and animals up to a certain weight/size. There are also always tips online to help navigate the world of home security with pets! Your best bet would be to reach out directly to our SmartHome Security team at 1-855-255-8828 so they can go over everything with you!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Our cat does not trigger the sensors, so neither should a smaller dog. I have friends with a very large dog, and will confirm with them and get back.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"