cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Home Security products with Google Home

coffeetime
Friendly Neighbour

Why is it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to find an answer to this question??

I just moved over from Rogers, and for the last week ive been trying to find the answer to this as the Sales Rep said I could.

I want to control my front door lock with my Google Assistant. 

I've been on hold waiting for someone for 1.5 hrs only to get "i dont know, i need to transfer you" and even after getting to a level 2 tech support person I got "i don't know, i have to check" and waiting for another 20mins they came back with "I'm not sure, your going to have to contact google support".

Im so glad i didnt opt in for the garage door opener, cause i already had one, and i can still control that with google home, which is a product off amazon for $30.  

like what?? If it doesnt work, it doesnt work, but i can't even get that answer.  And if it doesn't work I don't know why Telus is trying to be like APPLE and control their entire ecosystem.  I opted to install a NEST thermostat because the Installer said it was better, which i dont regret cause at least the integration into the Telus Home Security was simple, and at least i can control my thermostat with google home.

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @coffeetime - Google assistant integration is not supported currently. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

That's a bummer... Good thing I kept my garage door opener and installed a nest thermostat

The Telus home security app doesn't have widgets either so u could just have a widget for the front door lock etc.

Should get adding these features to be considered world class technology and tell sales reps to not give false information