cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone line replacement scam?

GLi10
Just Moved In

Hello,

Just received an interesting call at work from the # 113479830606.

They claimed to be from Telus and were informing me that, due to a number of customer complaints, they would be changing up/repairing the telephone lines in the area around my workplace. 

For some reason, they're going to call back next Tuesday - I assume to ask for my personal information if this is as suspicious as I think it is. 

I think it isn't the first time they've contacted my workplace either - I'm not crazy right? The call and it's contents make no sense to me, we're not even with Telus but he says he knows that and the lines are connected? I'm too young and clueless to know anything about this, some advice would be very helpful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's also not a valid phone number. These scammers in particular don't seem to know how to properly fake a caller ID. If we ignore the 11 at the beginning, 347 is a New York area code.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's also not a valid phone number. These scammers in particular don't seem to know how to properly fake a caller ID. If we ignore the 11 at the beginning, 347 is a New York area code.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂