cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS TV+ non casting on TV screen

Jess89
Just Moved In
Casting on TV screeen is not working. The casting device (chromecast) connects the mobile device. But the telus show im watching on my mobile device is playing but on the TV screen it freezes. I wonder whats wrong with your app. Because I tried playing youtube, netflix, facebook videos, video save on the mobile device, tiktok videos, web browser videos, other streaming platform are playing on the TV screen, they are all working properly. But not TELUS TV+. CAN YOU GUYS FIX THIS.. SEEMS LIKE TELUS DONT WANT US TO STREAM TELUS TV+ ON OUR SMART TVs? WHY???? TIA for yoir reply.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus TV+ streams to your TV through a number of options, including Chromecast with Google TV, and its own free set-top box. Casting is not offered through the regular chromecast device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus TV+ streams to your TV through a number of options, including Chromecast with Google TV, and its own free set-top box. Casting is not offered through the regular chromecast device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Jess89
Just Moved In

So do I need to purchase that digital set top box? well that's just defeating the purpose of going mobility, (watch wherever location you want as long you have internet)  I just want my Telus TV+ app to appear any show that I'm watching from my phone straight to any smart TV thru screen casting or screen mirroring to any smart tv that are connected on the same home network. Just support screen mirroring that's all we want. or better yet, let TELUS TV+ be able to support all smart TVs and can be install in any Smart TVs. but don't get me wrong, TELUS TV+ is an amazing video service platform, all in one tv service platform as far as I know. Every show you want is there, it'd be nice if that phone screen will be casted to a 55' to 75" smart tvs. thank you for your reply though, I appreciate that.

I believe the only way to cast from the telus tv + mobile app to the big screen is via Apple AirPlay. You would need an iPhone mobile device and an airplay compatible device such as a newer Sony or Samsung TVs to name a couple and Roku devices or an Apple TV device.