cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync new telus box with panasonic tv/

golfgambler
Just Moved In

I cannot get telus remote to turn on or turn off tv. Also no volume control. The guide is too big and cannot see the whole guide on screen. I have tried all telus suggestions and no luck. It seems the remote cannot pair up with tv when using search mode to find code. The box is a new arris 4k box and the new slimline 2 remote. The tv is an older Panasonic 42 inch screen 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, the set top boxes are not coded to any particular TV. You can move them around as much as you like. You will either need to bring the remote associated with the set top box, or go through an un-pairing and re-pairing of the remotes, if you want to use a remote with a different STB.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

xray
Hero

Have you tried manually programming any of the codes for Panasonic? My Panasonic TC-P50S30 worked with code 1201.

Here is the full list of codes:

https://assets.ctfassets.net/9mt4r6ro1ay9/31mpadRDKU2ciMEAGyiOGg/a5c28ae0e5023f243198cf5c93e9b470/Sl...

Thanks for trying but i used all the codes that Telus showed plus 2 more and none worked. Also tried the code 0029 and it was supposed to find the right code, that never worked either. Can i use a box from another tv and try that or are they coded to a certain tv.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, the set top boxes are not coded to any particular TV. You can move them around as much as you like. You will either need to bring the remote associated with the set top box, or go through an un-pairing and re-pairing of the remotes, if you want to use a remote with a different STB.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"