cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv without Telus Internet

Stiney
Neighbour
Hey there, I am moving to BC soon and subletting in a building. The internet is included but it is with another provider, not Telus. Am I able to get some version of TV through Telus without Telus internet? Even if it is an older version? Preferably Optik TV.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

You absolutely can get Optik TV without paying for TELUS internet, though your TV will need to be delivered over a TELUS connection. There may be some functionality considerations though - you may not be able to access streaming services like Netflix through the Optik TV interface. Best to connect directly with sales/support to discuss your particular needs.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stiney
Neighbour
Hey there, I am moving to BC soon and subletting in a building. The internet is included but it is with another provider, not Telus. Am I able to get some version of TV through Telus without Telus internet? Even if it is an older version? Preferably Optik TV.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus is currently in the early days of launching their new Telus TV+ offering. It would appear that the new offering may be available without Telus internet:

Not a TELUS customer?

Source:

TELUS TV+

Best to contact Telus directly for clarification.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

You absolutely can get Optik TV without paying for TELUS internet, though your TV will need to be delivered over a TELUS connection. There may be some functionality considerations though - you may not be able to access streaming services like Netflix through the Optik TV interface. Best to connect directly with sales/support to discuss your particular needs.