cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TelusTV-21T Cloud recording playback freezing

MrSL
Leader

I've noticed recently that cloud recording playback will freeze intermittently for about 1 second, just enough to miss that vital piece of dialogue. Happens maybe 5-10 times per hour during playback. It happens on multiple channels and programs.

If I rewind it still freezes so guessing it's actually on the recording. 

11 REPLIES 11

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @MrSL , can you provide a couple of examples of the show/episodes this occurred on? 

I deleted them in frustration... If or when I find more I will take note and advise.

Rocky3
Rockstar

It happens to me as well but so far it has not mattered. What I will watch for is whether the show is new or years old as it probably is the recording being rebroadcast to us. The freeze is annoying. To get it going have to press 30 sec FWD

Well freezing is not acceptable and it did matter... It was a new program. I ended up deleting it and watching on demand.

@MrSL  I only meant it did not matter for the show being watched. Of course it matters in general.

Hi @Rocky3 , apologies if that came over as terse. Telus is grinding me down lol.

Rocky3
Rockstar

I feel your frustration.

I left eastlink due to channels we watch being discontinued and now Telus is discontinuing Paramount which had prime shows. It appears to be a trend of changes not isolated to one provider. Shaw also is making changes.

berbma2
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

is this happening to all of your tv box? or just one?

Rocky3
Rockstar

Only have one box

berbma2
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

what's your  internet speed subscription? if it happen to all of your channels might as well call Tech department, have you tried factory reset the cloud pvr?

Rocky3
Rockstar

@berbma2 

I will not do another factory reset thanks. This issue occurs once in a blue moon. It is now determined as the clip/stop play before a commercial, except the freeze and the commercial does not start. a click fast forward 30 sec gets it moving again