cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV+ remote control programming

Justimus
Just Moved In
Wondering if there is a way or if there is a pending software update so I can program the new Telus TV+ Google remote, to control volume via my AV receiver? Love the new service, just would like more function from the remote.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Justimus! You may need to reach out to our Tech Support team for specific assistance with this, but we can offer the following info (it may or may not work for your particular receiver). We've got both a specific table with some brands, and a manual process. 

Specific Brand

1. Find your AV receiver brand in this list:

• 1  Yamaha
  • 2  Onkyo
  • 3  Denon
  • 4  Pioneer
  • 5  Sony
  • 6  Marantz
  • 7  Harman/Kardon
  • 8  Philips
  • 9  Teac
  • 0  Bose

2. Press and hold both the Mute key and the number key corresponding with the Brand ID you found above for 3 seconds. The green LED should stay on.

67659.png

3. Press the right arrow key.

67660.png

4. If your soundbar mutes, try the up and down volume buttons to test. If it works, press OK to save the settings and you're good to go.

5. If your soundbar doesn't mute, press the right arrow key until your AV receiver or soundbar mutes indicating a code has been found. If it's found, press OK to save the settings and you're good to go.

If that doesn't work, it may need to be set up manually which you can get our team at 1-888-811-2323 to assist with!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Justimus! You may need to reach out to our Tech Support team for specific assistance with this, but we can offer the following info (it may or may not work for your particular receiver). We've got both a specific table with some brands, and a manual process. 

Specific Brand

1. Find your AV receiver brand in this list:

• 1  Yamaha
  • 2  Onkyo
  • 3  Denon
  • 4  Pioneer
  • 5  Sony
  • 6  Marantz
  • 7  Harman/Kardon
  • 8  Philips
  • 9  Teac
  • 0  Bose

2. Press and hold both the Mute key and the number key corresponding with the Brand ID you found above for 3 seconds. The green LED should stay on.

67659.png

3. Press the right arrow key.

67660.png

4. If your soundbar mutes, try the up and down volume buttons to test. If it works, press OK to save the settings and you're good to go.

5. If your soundbar doesn't mute, press the right arrow key until your AV receiver or soundbar mutes indicating a code has been found. If it's found, press OK to save the settings and you're good to go.

If that doesn't work, it may need to be set up manually which you can get our team at 1-888-811-2323 to assist with!

JeffR
Friendly Neighbour

Is there a code for Samsung devices?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Only for those listed, so for Samsung you'd need to call in and have our team assist with manually syncing it for you.

Why would we have to call in to get the Samsung code? Can’t it just be posted here? Or do they do something special to the remote ?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

It'd have to be manually done. I can leave the steps here, but two things to note:

1. Samsung has two codes that may work in the process, so it'd need to be tried with both to see if either works.

2. Due to the large range of amps and receivers, etc. we can't guarantee that this process will work so we recommend to just use the remote that came with the amp or receiver.

That being said, here are the steps to try:

1. Press and hold the OK and mute buttons on your Optik remote until the green LED light stays on.

2. Enter this three digit code: 289 or 117

3. If the green LED light blinks twice, you can test the mute button, volume up and down buttons, etc. to see if it works.

Would you happen to have any more Samsung codes. Those two don’t seem to work for my 3 year old Samsung q70r soundbar . Thanks 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's all the codes I have. If none of them work, it may still be doable via our Tech Support team who can look into manually connecting them. Give them a shout at 1-888-811-2323.

Great. Works on sound.  But not power.  Is there a way to get the Telus remote to power on/off the amp?

Is this solution for the new TV Digital Box... TelusTV-21T remote?

I can control TV no problem, (power and volume) but my sound actually comes from my Onkyo Receiver.  I want to control the volume from it, not the TV and would like to be able to use remote to power on and off the Onkyo, not just the TV.

Just phoned the number to get a code for my LG soundbar. They had no idea how to support the newest remote and no codes. @A-B, can you post a couple of LG codes here for me to try?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are a few LG codes I've got to try:

Success! Thank you

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Let me know if there's ever anything else I can assist with!

ohjay73
Just Moved In

Is this remote only Bluetooth? Would prefer an IR option so i can integrate into my AIO remote and control all devices instead of just a tv and stb

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The remote has both IR and Bluetooth connectivity. Bear in mind, though, that Google Assistant voice control and speech to text will only work when the set-top box and remote control are paired via bluetooth.

ohjay73
Just Moved In
Speak to text is over rated as is google assistant..