cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV+ not responsive on Chromecast with Google TV

NotGood
Friendly Neighbour
After watching TV for a while on the Telus TV+ app on Chromecast with Google TV, it becomes unresponsive. The back button and directional buttons that usually bring up the guide do not work. The live TV channel continues to play but there is no way to interact with the app when this happens. The only way to fix it is to press the home button to exit the app and then force stop the Telus TV+ app and reopen it again. This becomes annoying because it happens multiple times each day. Can you tell the developers to fix this bug. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

NotGood
Friendly Neighbour
After testing it some more it seems to happen when I turn off the TV (while the app is still running) and turn it back on.
My guess would be that turning the TV off sends a signal to the Chromecast to go into sleep mode. When the Chromecast turns back on and resumes the app something probably isn't initialized quite right so the buttons don't work. Can you pass this information to the dev team. There doesn't seem to be anywhere else to log bugs for the app. Thanks.

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @NotGood 

Thanks for the feedback. Are you running app version 1.5.7.103? There was an update recently.

The live TV channel that was previously playing when you were last in the app will resume in the background when you open the app again, but you'll be on the home screen. Pressing the back button once will bring the top navigation menu into focus and you can navigate to Live TV, On Demand etc., pressing back a second time will exit you to the live player on the channel you're tuned to. Is this not what you're experiencing?

One suggestion I have is to enable HDMI-CEC in settings on both the Chromecast with Google TV and your TV. This way when you turn off your TV, the dongle will be powered off as well, and when you turn it back on, everything will power up as well. The Chromecast with Google TV does draw about 8 Watts of power, so you might as well power it down if your TV is off.  

NotGood
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks @KHR, updating the app seems to have fixed the issue.

I was on version 1.5.4.103. I already had HDMI-CEC enabled on both the TV and the dongle. The problem I had with the old version of the app was that when resuming it would go directly to the live player on the last channel and none of the buttons on the remote would respond at that point except for the home button. After the update it correctly goes to the Telus TV home screen on resume like you outlined.