cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV+ app and Firestick

newio
Friendly Neighbour

First, is Optik TV also Telus TV and / or Telus TV+? I am confused by the names.

To test the app before signing up I have installed the Telus TV+ app on my Firestick 4k Max by sideloading Aurora and installing from that.  It appears to work with the Guest login, but I can't try watching live TV etc so I'm not completely sure if it will work.

Is there some technical reason it isn't available directly form the Amazon store? Can someone confirm it will work for all features (live tv, recordings ...) on Firestick?

I have a lot of Firesticks so I'd like to continue to use them if I sign up.

Also, is it true you can't record with the Core package, you need a higher package? The website is not very clear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Optik TV is the general name for all of the TV services now. Both old platform and new platform. It does get a bit confusing sometimes. I assume it'll eventually be renamed to Telus TV+ at some point to match the new app/website. On the new Telus TV+ platform, you start with the basic service. The cloud PVR is an additional cost of $10 a month. It shows up when doing the order online though they do need to correct the description on it. Recordings are up to 90 days now, not 45.

pvr.png

As to why it's not on the Fire store yet, the admins have previously commented that there is something in the works but nothing was officially available yet. Since it's not available yet, there is no way to be sure it'll work reliably or if at all on a Fire stick, cube, or TV.

@samiam Pik TV no longer exists.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

samiam
Advisor

I am confused by all the different names as well.  Add Pik TV to that list.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Optik TV is the general name for all of the TV services now. Both old platform and new platform. It does get a bit confusing sometimes. I assume it'll eventually be renamed to Telus TV+ at some point to match the new app/website. On the new Telus TV+ platform, you start with the basic service. The cloud PVR is an additional cost of $10 a month. It shows up when doing the order online though they do need to correct the description on it. Recordings are up to 90 days now, not 45.

pvr.png

As to why it's not on the Fire store yet, the admins have previously commented that there is something in the works but nothing was officially available yet. Since it's not available yet, there is no way to be sure it'll work reliably or if at all on a Fire stick, cube, or TV.

@samiam Pik TV no longer exists.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂