cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV PVR keeps deleting all recordings and scheduled

Deepcove
Just Moved In
We recently switched from Shaw (July) our PVR has totally erased (including all scheduled) 8 times since July.

Anyone else have this issue ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @TVjunkie @paulsanderson 

There is currently a temporary service disruption that was caused by one of our vendors. Some personalised services like recordings are temporarily unavailable. Your recordings should not have been deleted - they will be available when full service is restored. I'll reply here when that happens.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

Rocky3
Rockstar

Yes last week when the latest update was pushed I lost my recordings and schedules

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Deepcove @Rocky3 

We made an update on December 5th that resolves any random deleting of cloud PVR recordings. If you lose recordings going forward (you shouldn't), a back-office agent should be able to restore them. 

I have also just had all my recordings deleted from the cloud. Both scheduled to record and recorded shows are completely gone. I have tried restarting the PVR. I have tried updating everything to no avail. This is a joke. Why did I ever sign up for this?

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @TVjunkie @paulsanderson 

There is currently a temporary service disruption that was caused by one of our vendors. Some personalised services like recordings are temporarily unavailable. Your recordings should not have been deleted - they will be available when full service is restored. I'll reply here when that happens.

I am on the phone with support right now, they said my recordings are gone and cannot be recovered despite multiple attempts on their end. The solution is that they are sending me a new PVR box and refunding the recording charge on my bill for 5 days. $5.25 was credited to my account. That was it. I spent 45 mins on the phone and did not get any of my recordings back. I am also unable to record any shows until the new PVR box shows up either. This is ridiculous. 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @TVjunkie 

You mentioned that your recordings were deleted from the cloud earlier, and then that tech support is sending you a 'new PVR box'. Optik TV has 2 options - either your recordings are stored and accessed from the cloud, or you have a physical PVR with a harddrive. If you have a physical PVR (easiest way to tell is your remote control is shiny), then your recordings do not live in the cloud; they are stored locally in your home. Tech support is correct - if your harddrive is wiped - your recordings are gone. If you subscribe to cloud recordings (your remote will be matte and have Netflix and Prime Video buttons), they are temporarily unavailable. New equipment will not do anything for cloud-based problems.

Sorry, I meant to call it a digital tv box, with recordings only being stored to the cloud and no storage. It’s the small black box that connects our tv to the Telus content. I am being sent a new one. So yes, everything has been lost. This was really my only form of entertainment. 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @TVjunkie

Do you have the TELUS TV Digital Box (model TELUSTV-21T on the bottom) with a remote control that has Netflix and Prime Video buttons? If yes, you do NOT need a new set-top box if you lost recordings as they are stored in the cloud, and accessed from your box, from the TELUS TV+ app and from telustvplus.com. Our service has been restored, including recordings, so I would urge you to check the box or your TELUS TV+ apps again to check if your recordings have re-appeared (mine were restored after being unavailable for the couple of hours).   

If your recordings have been restored, you can call or chat back in with an agent to cancel the order for a replacement box - this will save you the work of installing a new box and sending back the old one.

There is nothing you need to do on your end to prevent this from happening, it was system-wide due to a change a vendor made in their systems. After investigating what happened, they resolved the issue and recordings should have been restored.

Yes, we have that type of digital box with the remote that has Netflix and Amazon buttons. We rebooted the box and our recordings never came back. We also still don’t have the ability to record shows (the record button has not come back on both the tv and the Telustv+ app). I’m resigned to thinking the recording are gone. Half a day spent on this. 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

What happens when you go to telustvplus.com or on the telus tv+ app? Are you able to see recordings there?

Also, how can I ever prevent this from happening again? I wake up and all my recordings are gone. If there is no backup, then why should I even continue with this service if it could happen again? 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @paulsanderson

Service has been restored - so your recordings should now be available again. You may need to restart your set-top box (Settings --> Device settings --> Device Preferences --> Restart) for them to appear.

Yes, I’m not home right now, but I just checked the app on my phone, and the recordings are all back now, thanks!

Paul

Hello, I just lost all my cloud recordings, including scheduled, today (December 12). Even the recording icon has disappeared at the top of the screen. Can this be fixed? I just got the digital box a couple weeks ago and my older pvr isn’t hooked up at all anymore, so it shouldn’t interfere with the new one. Thanks!

See my response to KHR

Rocky3
Rockstar

WOW. This is a revolving door problem. I missed not having my recordings gone and returned, just checked and they are still there.

What kind of a cloud system is this that keeps losing data. Trying to understand. How does sending a new box solve the problem with cloud storage?

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rocky3 

There was an issue with one of our vendors that led to a service disruption resulting some personalised services, including cloud recordings, being unavailable temporarily. There was no data lost - all existing and scheduled recordings are still there, they were just not showing up temporarily. You're on the money - a new box does absolutely nothing to solve this issue, nor would it solve any problems related to cloud recordings going missing.

Now my recordings icon has also disappeared from the menu

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Deepcove 

Can you try rebooting and/or unplugging the power adapter from your box (Settings > Device settings > Device Preferences > Restart) to see if that resolves the issue? Some devices aren't recovering from the disruption without a reboot. 

Thank you, it works.