cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV+: Anyone else experiencing frequent sound outages?

ironhand
Neighbour

While watching programming from Telus TV+ (versus programming streamed from Netflix, Apple TV+, etc.), we encounter frequent instances where the sound drops out for 5 seconds or so, while the video is fine.

Has anyone else encountered this?  If so, were you able to resolve it?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

TMondor
Friendly Neighbour

yes, this has been going on for a very long time and Telus has not been able to fix it.  I will probably have to change tv providers because it is very annoying.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @ironhand  - is this issue happening when you use your TV box, or a web browser?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

TV box

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Can you try these steps to potentially resolve the problem:

• Restart Your Telus TV+ Box: Unplug your Telus TV+ box from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
  • Check Your Connections: Ensure all cables connecting your Telus TV+ box to your TV and any sound systems are secure and in good condition.
  • Update Your Software: Make sure your Telus TV+ box has the latest software updates installed. You can check for updates in the settings menu.
  • Reset Your Network Equipment: Restart your modem and router by unplugging them, waiting for 30 seconds, and plugging them back in. This can help resolve any network-related issues.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please send us a private message and we'll see how we can further assist. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

TheLastElite
Neighbour

I am having the same problem where the sound cuts out randomly for a few seconds, I also noticed it with Netflix.

Was this issue fixed with the Android 12 update?

We've been experiencing this problem for months now, but only with non-streaming channels, i.e. not with Netflix, Apple TV+, etc., only with CBC, CHEK, CTV and the like.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps listed above in this thread?

Tried them several times. Did not work for me.

Yes, I've tried the trouble resolution steps listed several times, without success.

TMondor
Friendly Neighbour
I have had this problem fir many many months, nothing has fixed it.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thanks for flagging. We'll pass this along to our team for investigation as it's an ongoing issue.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

@TMondor @ironhand @TheLastElite Our dev team is asking for some info for their investigation. Could we get the following information (feel free to send in a private message if you'd prefer)

- app version

- OS version

- audio setup (is there a soundbar connected, etc.)

- all channels or specific channels

- does it also happen on VOD if you know

- how often does the sound cut out (every few seconds, minutes, hourly, etc.)

- did the audio work before? if so, how long has the issue been occurring for you?

Thanks.