cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV offerings/Confusion

cathycrone
Neighbour

Contract about to expire in a few weeks.

Looking for feedback about programming.

Am I able to have only Essentials (as the base tv programming), yet be able to use preexisting subscriptions to Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Britbox? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

polecat
All-Star

@cathycrone  I just had a look at the bundles. Essentials does not have amazon net or brit. They are in the more costly bundles only. I have telus satelite and buy what i want useing smart tv 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

polecat
All-Star

@cathycrone  I just had a look at the bundles. Essentials does not have amazon net or brit. They are in the more costly bundles only. I have telus satelite and buy what i want useing smart tv 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to stream Amazon Prime, etc to any smart TV, independent of your Optik subscription, but need to be aware it will count against your data allowance if you have one.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you!

We do not have a smart TV. We have a Panasonic that is many years old, however , still works( LOL).

We are seniors, who use only a quarter of our 300GB monthly allotment of data, every month.(Shame we can't pay for just what we use.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to do this for at least Prime and Netflix. I paid for these services before they were availble through Telus and they are paid to the providers directly, not Telus. So they would be available regardless of what offerings I have through Telus.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

cathycrone
Neighbour

Thankyou !

We have paid for these services , directly to providers ,for many years, prior to Telus availability .

We do not have a smart tv either.

Contemplating options, especially being locked in ,yet again ,for another 2 years.