cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV and Internet

kflorkow
Neighbour

Whenever I watch tv, the internet cuts out (and often). The Network Access Hub shows the “red light of death”. I’m currently trying to watch a program and it has tripped out 6 times in 30 minutes. So basically the tv is unwatchable. And often I’ll be watching and the sound starts cutting in/out, and the picture goes blurry. I have a decent internet speed, perform numerous resets, changed HDMI cords, etc. 

I have only had Telus for a few months. When this problem started, a tech was sent out and they replaced the modem in the basement. They said there was a “bad connection/broken wire”. Didn’t seem to help at all. 

This is beyond ridiculous. I’m basically paying for an Optik tv service that does not work. And when I call, I get someone from the Philippines that speaks very broken English. 
Right now I’m wondering how bad the penalty would be to switch back to Shaw. I’m so disappointed in Telus; I wouldn’t recommend them to my neighbour’s dog. 

1 REPLY 1

Rocky3
Rockstar

Please identify your tuner box model to avoid support for one of 3 tuners causing the same problem

I have the 21T and experience the same problem you have now noticed. The problem is brought up again and again by new to Telus customers as if it was not a problem before.

Today a new experience is the remote bluetooth connecting/disconnecting being displayed on screen