cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200 modem and Deco AX300

Dominic1607
Neighbour
How do I connect my Deco as a router without screwing up my Optic tv? I had the Deco up and running but had no tv. Had to go back to using the T3200 My technical skills are about a 6 so be patient and specific. Dumb it down please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Simplest way is to connect the Optik boxes to the T3200 and then connect the Deco to one of the LAN ports on the T3200. From there configure the Deco as you want. The Deco devices don't support multi-cast data, which is what Optik TV uses so that would be why it wasn't working for you.

I've had a router connected to my T3200 and left the T3200 at default settings. I didn't turn off wireless or mess with any settings and it just worked. Some may recommend turning off wifi on the T3200 but from my experience it didn't make a difference for the router I had connected.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Simplest way is to connect the Optik boxes to the T3200 and then connect the Deco to one of the LAN ports on the T3200. From there configure the Deco as you want. The Deco devices don't support multi-cast data, which is what Optik TV uses so that would be why it wasn't working for you.

I've had a router connected to my T3200 and left the T3200 at default settings. I didn't turn off wireless or mess with any settings and it just worked. Some may recommend turning off wifi on the T3200 but from my experience it didn't make a difference for the router I had connected.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you. That works. My techie friend suggested turning off the T3200 Wi-Fi. However, he was using Bell. Thanks again.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can turn off the T3200M Wi-Fi if all your Optik boxes are Ethernet connected.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks Newfie in BC from Newfie in Alberta. Lol. --
Sent from Gmail Mobile