cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SportsNet 4K Channels Freezing

Bullitt
Friendly Neighbour

Channels 920 and 921 ( SportsNet and SportsNet1 ) are both 4K quality and neither will play without instant freezing every 4-5 seconds or so.    I have no other issues with any of the channels in my sub.

I have gigabit internet speed and a wired ethernet connection to my hub router.   My box is a Telus VIP5662W 4K pvr.

I am perplexed as to why this is happening and look forward to any ideas that come forward.   The usual restarts did absolutely nothing.    Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bullitt
Friendly Neighbour

Dawned on me that my 2nd tv is not 4k so obviously there are likely to be stuttering issues.  I am closing this thread.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bullitt
Friendly Neighbour

Issue seems to have resolved itself, no longer freezing after pvr reset.   Cheers

Bullitt
Friendly Neighbour

So, the one tv that has an ethernet connection now plays the 2 4K channels without issue following a reset, but the 2nd tv that runs on wifi only continues to have problems with freezing on these channels.   Is wifi not a good enough signal strength to play 4K content ?

Bullitt
Friendly Neighbour

Dawned on me that my 2nd tv is not 4k so obviously there are likely to be stuttering issues.  I am closing this thread.