cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimline Remote

EdJuan
Friendly Neighbour

Does anyone know how to program this wonderful Telus remote? I like its radio frequency buttons better than Shaw except for the Volume button that is used for synching the remote with the TV (which is not RF). It reminds me of the old JVC TV remote in the early 80's which we can manipulate even under our blankets and comforters.

Can we program the guide button to list only what we are subscribed to? The Shaw remote control sets the list when you scan the TV programs.

Furthermore, the Shaw remote control gives us up to nine programs to choose from (including program details) if we want to go back to them. Can we do the same thing with the Telus remote prev button, instead of only four? 

3 REPLIES 3

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Here is some information on setting up the guide the way you want:

Optik TV - Setting Up Favourites and Customizing Your Guide (telus.com)

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to change the way the PREV button works.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

EdJuan
Friendly Neighbour
That's the problem then, I'm not getting anything when I press the "options" button on my Slimline remote. It just shows the current program, Live guide, record, etc...

I tested all four machines and their Slimline remotes, they are all the same. I'll ask Telus support to fix it then, thanks a lot...

EdJuan
Friendly Neighbour
Holy sugar... I have to press the "guide" button and then press the "options" button afterwards. I moved to Telus last August and I think they gave me Slimline 1, no manual or instructions that come with it.

Thanks again...