cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimline 2 and RCA amplifier

Plan-B
Neighbour
Received a new Optik PVR and slimline 2 remote today. I'm having issues finding a code to control my old RCA RT2500 amplifier. The remote that came with my telus satellite PVR was able to be programmed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just wanted to say thanks a bunch pal, you pointed me in the right direction. With a little digging I discovered Thomson Consumer Electronics Inc manufactured the RCA RT2500. I tried the first Thomson code from the link above (7309) and it worked perfectly. Very happy camper.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is it an RCA amplifier, or one of the off brands which bought the name? If the latter, one of the codes in this document may help.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you, but I don't see RCA listed under the amplifier section. Are you suggesting one of the tv codes may work?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I doubt one of the TV codes would work, but you can try. The RCA name has been used by a number of manufacturers in recent years. If your amplifier is one of these, try the actual manufacturer code.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Just wanted to say thanks a bunch pal, you pointed me in the right direction. With a little digging I discovered Thomson Consumer Electronics Inc manufactured the RCA RT2500. I tried the first Thomson code from the link above (7309) and it worked perfectly. Very happy camper.