cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem acquiring license error: 0x80000002 for crave content via Samsung TV

bwot
Just Moved In
My package includes Crave tv but when I used my brand new Samsung to watch OpticTv I have licencing problem. When I go to channel 404 I can't see any Crave content. I always get On Demand the message Problem acquiring license: 0x80000002 pops up. But when I go to another tv, old Sony, I don't have any problem at all. I can watch all Crave content in channel 404. So seems like it's a Samsung tv problem. Any one can help me with this licensing error? much appreciate thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Presumably there is a different Optik box connected to the Samsung. Have you tried just using the On Demand button on the remote?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Yes I did tried with on demand. when I select movies/shows that are supposed to be available in Crave and can watch for free, the screen shows I have to order and pay for them. So I figured it must be the OpticTV box or the TV not able to recognize I already subscribed with Crave. I cannot find the screen for me to login to Crave though.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't believe it's the TV and more likely the Optik box that it's connected to. You may wish to try restarting your Optik system:

How to reboot your Optik system | TELUS Support

If that doesn't work I think you will need to work with Telus to resolve the issue.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

CathyC1
Just Moved In

I have had that problem today. Tried to watch final episode (10) of The Twelve on Telus, then the latest episode of the Gilded Edge, John Wick and Winter King on Crave - same error message. 

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @CathyC1 

Short version - we ran into an issue yesterday evening with our On Demand service, but it should be restored now.

Please see the full reply here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Licensing-not-acquired-Error-On-Demand/td-p/143396

I’m still getting that error code