cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV App on LG Nano

Jordon
Neighbour

Hi, I just recently purchased a LG Nano (65Nano85) and I had some questions regarding the Pik/Optik TV apps that I was hoping someone could answer.

This TV comes with apple TV built in but I don't see anyway to actually add apps to it. I'm assuming the Apple TV app is not quite the same as an actual apple tv box. If I go into my Apple TV app on my iphone, it's showing Optik TV as a "connected app" but I'm not really sure what that means.

I also don't see a way to add these apps through the LG app store either.

Basically I'm looking for a way to add the Optik/Pik TV App on my TV so I don't need to buy another wireless box.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

PikTV is only supported on chromecast with google tv, Nvidia shield, 4th generation Apple TV’s and the PikTV android box. 

The Apple TV app isn’t the same as the hardware device. It’s essentially a portal into Apple that has movies, tv shows etc (like Netflix). 

Optik TV isn’t available as a standalone app. You must purchase/rent the hardware. Which then gives you access via browser and mobile apps for android and iOS.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

PikTV is only supported on chromecast with google tv, Nvidia shield, 4th generation Apple TV’s and the PikTV android box. 

The Apple TV app isn’t the same as the hardware device. It’s essentially a portal into Apple that has movies, tv shows etc (like Netflix). 

Optik TV isn’t available as a standalone app. You must purchase/rent the hardware. Which then gives you access via browser and mobile apps for android and iOS.