cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New telus android Box HDR issue

Jordan83
Friendly Neighbour

I just received these boxes, but there seems to be an issue with the HDR always being on, even if the program is not in HDR. is there a way for the box to automatically detect the source so that this doesnt happen?

6 REPLIES 6

viperdiablo1
Advocate

Nope! Unfortunately these android boxes do not have an option to match dynamic range. So all content has forced HDR. A massive mistake by Telus to release these boxes without that option. This is why colors look off.  Apparently they are testing android 12 which will fix the issue. Haven’t heard any update on this for a while. Maybe someone from Telus can chime in with an update. 

Thanks for the update. At least my Apple TV can do this so I can watch my streaming apps on there. Got these boxes to simplify things and it’s a shame something like this was overlooked. Really cancels out the fact I bought an expensive oled tv 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Jordan83 @viperdiablo1 

An update from Android 10 to 12 is coming soon that allows you to either choose dynamic range matching or force SDR.

Jordan83
Friendly Neighbour

What does soon mean, days, months?

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Days to weeks. It will be rolled out gradually to devices.

Can you please update in the update thread what will be included in that update please?