cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues since fibre connected

Jenz18
Friendly Neighbour

Hello! We got fibre connected last week and were so excited as we have been waiting YEARS!! However, we have been having multiple issues ever since. When we pause live tv now, often after one or two minutes, a message pops up that says ‘this channel has jumped to live to tv to allow tv viewing or recording on your pvr’. We have nothing recording, nothing else being used, and we have never seen this before. And if we DO hit ok, we can resume where we paused it but now cannot fast forward anymore to ‘catch up’! Is this new?? If so, it’s a terrible feature. We are also having the message pop up almost every 30 seconds to a minute while watching our recordings: ‘ press OK button on your remote to browse recordings’. 

it has been incredibly frustrating to try and watch anything and now not being able to pause and use the functionality we had before is not fun. The installer was back today and doesn’t know why this is happening. 

Can anyone help??

thx! 😊

7 REPLIES 7

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We've passed this along to our Optik team to investigate. We've seen the popup error before (the issue with the 'press OK button...' prompt) and our team is actively working on resolving that. Are you a new Optik TV user or existing (before your new fibre was connected)??

Thank you. The installer was back yesterday and installed some secondary box for the fibre connection and also swapped out our PVR. This morning when pausing live TV for mere moments, we got the same message that the channel has jumped to live TV. I was unable to rewind it back to where I had been as it said it wasn’t available right now and to try again. I tried it again about a minute later and got the message that rewind isn’t possible due to too many TV’s recording or watching. There are NO TVs recording or watching this morning. I hope someone here can help. We have been waiting for years for fibre and for the last week it’s been brutal to try and watch anything the way we used to. Getting close to having them come and undo everything.

Many thanks

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Our team is looking in to this. If you'd like, feel free to send us a private message and we can gather your account info to aid in their investigation.

Hello,
What information do you need me to send you to aid in our investigation? We are so frustrated as nobody seems to know how to help us with the myriad of issues since fibre was connected to our home on Oct 16th

Thanks
Jen Allan

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We'd need your account info. As we don't want this public, we ask for a private message to discuss further.

Rocky3
Rockstar

@Jenz18 

You have a new PVR? Not the new cloud based recordings?

I have only had fibre with Telus and live shows paused will time out, never actually timed it but more than a few minutes, maybe 10. The live show starts playing where it was paused

Jenz18
Friendly Neighbour

We decided not to go with the cloud based as the installer said it’s not as good, won’t hold the recordings beyond 90 days, etc. I guess we will see. But yes, before our fibre was installed a week ago, we could pause live tv for up to 60 mins and when resuming, we could rewind, fast forward, catch up, whatever. Now we can pause for maybe 5 mins max and it starts playing at the “new time” which means we lost that 5 mins of program and cannot rewind. We get messages either saying not available now, try again, or unavailable because too many TV’s are watching or recording (which is untrue as we only have ONE TV going and zero recordings). Something is seriously screwed up and nobody seems to be able to tell us why or fix it. Super frustrating.