cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having to change my PVR and was wondering if I could use a 4K PVR?

musicyouneed
Neighbour

I am having to change my PVR and was wondering if I could upgrade to a 4K PVR when I don't have a 4K TV yet.  We are planning on getting a 4K TV in the future and don't want to have to upgrade the PVR again and lose all my shows recorded. I realise that when we get a 4K TV we will need to get Internet 50, right now we have 15 and that is fine.  

We have been a telus customer for over 20+ years and will be for another 10 or so years.  

How do I ask for a 4K PVR to the technician? Telus is not taking any calls right now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IslandGuy
Coach

I got through to a representative in twenty minutes a couple of days ago. Ask for customer loyalty and since you are a long time customer they will probably work out a good deal for you.I upgraded to the 4K PVR and use it on a 1080P TV with great results.You'll get the 4K content in 720 or 1080P and will be set to go if you want to upgrade to a 4K TV. As far as the internet goes I went with fiber optik 75,Just ask how much you'll have to pay and you may be surprised at the deals you can get. Patience and politeness goes a long way..!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, you can connect a 4K PVR to a non-4K TV. Whether Telus is offering the 4K PVR on lower speed connections becomes the question. They have been upgrading the PVR to their Fibre customers. 
You can simply make the request of the Technician.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

IslandGuy
Coach

I got through to a representative in twenty minutes a couple of days ago. Ask for customer loyalty and since you are a long time customer they will probably work out a good deal for you.I upgraded to the 4K PVR and use it on a 1080P TV with great results.You'll get the 4K content in 720 or 1080P and will be set to go if you want to upgrade to a 4K TV. As far as the internet goes I went with fiber optik 75,Just ask how much you'll have to pay and you may be surprised at the deals you can get. Patience and politeness goes a long way..!!

musicyouneed
Neighbour

Thanks, the tech came by and I swapped out the PVR's for 4K PVR's no charge as I am a long term customer who will be for a long time.