cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the TelusTV+ app for Apple TV so bad? least user friendly experience

Telusistheworse
Neighbour

Anybody else feel the same? this is probably the least user friendly app I have used for this. How is it so difficult to select a show? how is it so difficult to select a time slot?

oh what's that the olympics are on right now? well if you are in the guide and hit the left button, it will take you ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way to when the program started as opposed just going 30 minute intervals LIKE EVERY OTHER  APP DOES. How is it so difficult to just left and right on this? if I am on a program that is on for 4 hours, and I want to look forward in the guide 30 minutes from now, it takes me to the end of when this program ends. so lets say its 6:00PM, I am on a program that goes from 4:00PM - 8:00PM, if I try to go and see what was on 30 minutes ago, it takes me all the way to 4PM, if I want to see what is on 30 minutes form now it will take me to 8PM as opposed to 6:30PM

I don't understand, am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We'll definitely pass this feedback along to our team to look in to. Have you tried moving up or down a channel in the guide so the specific show (in this case, the Olympics) isn't selected? To see if that allows you to move in 30 minute increments.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

viperdiablo1
Advocate

I would agree . The Telus tv app on Apple TV is terrible. It needs an overhaul. On top of the issues mentioned above , there is no previous channel option. The guide scrolling doesn’t behave correctly half the time. However I do feel the app has better picture quality vs the android tv app and Telus own android box. Frame rate seems smoother on sports as well. But yeah the user interface needs an update . 

CrustyTelusUser
Neighbour

The Apple TV app, or the app in general, is relatively bad design. I hate how in the app it requires so many steps to get to the Guide. Like, it's a TV app! Why so many steps to get to the guide? Live TV tab doesn't make sense and is useless. I also wish you could navigate quickly to the Guide, like pressing up on the controller would access the guide, or have a button when clicking down. Also, having an option of record series next to the record button would be useful.