cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware for new Optik google

Ss_blake
Organizer
Does anyone know exactly what hardware is used for the new Google/Android based Telus TV boxes ? Is there an equivalent that usa providers are using (the old box used to be an Arris model) ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

First question was already asked and answered. Info on Telus.com.

For the second question, you'll need to ask Google or check the various American TV service providers' websites. I doubt any are using the exact same new set top box.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

First question was already asked and answered. Info on Telus.com.

For the second question, you'll need to ask Google or check the various American TV service providers' websites. I doubt any are using the exact same new set top box.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks. Hard to find specs on Technicolor Jade. Will it allow legacy control via an IR remote ?

This may still be needed in residences that have central AV media racks with distributed audio/video and control systems ex Crestron.

https://www.androidtv-guide.com/pay-tv-provider/telus-android-tv/

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, it does have IR support. That's how the remote controls it before it's paired over bluetooth.

I'm a new Telus customer. Re the Android STB remote, it only supports controlling a TV. I've used Google ChromeCast devices and those can control up to 2 devices - TV and Audio - using either BT or IR. So I'm surprised that the Telus remote doesn't do the same. Hopefully, they'll upgrade the remote's firmware to support 2 devices.

I wasn't looking hard enough - a case of RTFM 😀 ‌‌ Sorry about that.

The instructions are here... How to set up your TELUS TV Digital Box Remote