cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message with new Telus TV+ app on iPad mini

Miso193
Organizer

Can’t seem to get the new Telus TV app to work no matter what I try. Sign in is fine, but if I try to play live tv, it hangs, and then I get an error message “playback error: sorry an error was encountered. Please try again…”. Works fine on my iPhone, but won’t work worth beans on up to date iPad mini 4. Have tried multiple restarts, install/delete of app, etc.

10 REPLIES 10

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Would you know which version of iOS your iPad mini 4 is running?

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks! I'll try to find out why this is happening from our dev team. Stay tuned!

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

A couple of things to try:

1. Update to iOS 16

2. Turn off the TV Provider login (Settings --> TV Provider, make sure TELUS is unchecked)

iPadOS 16 isn’t available for iPad mini 4 yet. I’m as up to date as I can possibly get.

I’ve tried logging out and unchecking tv provider already too 

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

I heard back from our support team and the feedback I'm getting is that as it stands, the issues you've described are just a bit too general to get to a root cause. Can I trouble you connect with our tech support team who can cut ticket which includes more granular details (like your account info):

Phone: 1-888-811-2323

Live Chat: www.telus.com/contactus (type "agent" when greeted by the virtual assistant)

Yummyroll
Just Moved In

Yummyroll
Just Moved In

I am having issues, ever since this Optik TV update to TelusTV+...  My gosh.. .frustrasting!!!    I can open the App, choose from the Guide, click on the channel I want to watch... and "Playback Error" message, shows up. 

It is beyond frustrating. Tech support just suggested I watch tv on my iPhone (where the app seems to work) and give up on my iPad. Useless. Thinking it’s time to switch providers.