cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR_PLAYER_P204

MrSL
Leader

This is for the TelusTV-21T cloud recording STB.

Great start to the year Telus... I have had this error at least 3 times now when trying to playback a recording.

Latest and current error is for Showcase CH301 recording dated Jan 12. 'Unwanted' S1:E2. I was excited to watch this episode last night but after less than a minute playback freezes and screen goes blank. I get a kind of green comet like thing going in a circle bottom right of the screen then get what I assume is a generic error message:

Unwanted.jpg

What this error message has to do with recording playback for an individual program IDK. The suggestions are meaningless and not helpful! For "sh*ts and giggles" I did restart all the equipment I have to no avail.

I did try the 'Chatbot' - wanted to chat with an agent and a call back was requested and scheduled for 7.5 hours later!!! I can't wait to see how that goes.

So, new series and only second episode and I'm unable to watch it. Tried 24 hours later and still the same error. It's not on demand so what do I do now to watch this program Telus?

13 REPLIES 13

MrSL
Leader

So an update... I did get a call back from Telus, which I requested thru the Chatbot 7 hours previously.

During a nearly 2 hour conversation with the tech a number of issues were identified with my setup, which apparently is a little unusual...

I have fibre to my property and it's first routing from the fibre outside is thru a Huawei Echolife HG824Ou GPON terminal and then via CAT cable to the Telus Purefibre box on terminal 10G. From there I have a CAT 6A SSTP connection (no coax) to the WiFi 6 WiFi hub which I located in the middle of my property for the strongest WiFi connection without additional boosters.

Furthermore, it is in direct line of sight to the STB about 25 feet away (which I had planned). Apparently in my area the Huawei is still required before Telus PureFibre box for a more stable connection.

During our long call the Tech reset my account and with the help of the 'back office' locked down the port # that I use from the PureFibre box to the hub via CAT 6 to negate any issues with reallocating this port.

Credit where it's due, I was VERY IMPRESSED with the lady that called me back! Very polite, knowledgeable, thorough and a pleasure to talk too. I did ask for her name - 'Blaise' I believe and 'Yves' who was dealing with the back end config. Awesome job to you both! I hope somehow this positive feedback finds it's way back to you both...

Oh and the initial problem, not being able to watch my recording was resolved, I assume with the account reset!

Despite what some may think, I am not here to solely criticize Telus. it's a refreshing change to provide some positive feedback!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @MrSL , thanks for this feedback and the detailed steps to troubleshooting. I didn't realize the back office was able to assist with playback errors, this is good to know. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Chatted with some of the back office folks to see how they resolved this, and this was more of an internet issue that resulted in player error, so that's why they were able to assist! Good learnings all around! 

So after just a week the P204 errors are back 🙄

MrSL
Leader

Well the P204 error's continue... Just got another one after watching a Golf Channel recording about an hour in. Not related to any particular channel though, had this on others.

Anyone else get the: ERR_PLAYER_P204 during recording playback, I can't be the only one?

Blaming the issue on network connectivity at my place just doesn't make sense to me. When I get this error on playback I can play other recordings of mine immediately. Surely if it was network related then the others would fail too? If it was a sudden glitch then why can I play others, yet when I still go back to the problem recording it continues to fail to play.

I can't find a solution, sometimes a complete power off of all my Telus equipment allows playback if I restart the recording from the beginning, hit resume and it fails.  Sometimes if I go back the next day it works. It's just random. A complete account rebuild has worked too, but spending 2 hours on the phone with support isn't something i wish to do that frequently.

Any shinning stars from Telus have any explanation?

MrSL
Leader

I don't usually watch the 'replay' for programs cause of not being able to skip forward, but understand why. However after the failure to add additional time to yesterdays 'Live' LPGA golf recording I decided to watch the following program (broadcast yesterday) on replay, which was 3 hours long...

Just over 2 hours in and I get a ERR_PLAYER_P204 on playback. I'm pi**ed! 😡

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @MrSL I will flag this for further investigation, will update once I hear back!

Any update?

MrSL
Leader

Hi @Optik-Kate Still getting more P204 errors watching recording playback. Done the usual, powered off ALL Telus equipment. Still unable to playback...

I was supposed to be getting Wi-Fi + FOC as promised during a phone conversation with Blaise from Tech Support 3 weeks ago, but have not heard or had anything delivered. Who do I need to contact about this?

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @MrSL , we're still looking into the player 204 error. Regarding the Wi-Fi+FOC, can you try the chatbot to see if an agent can update you? I don't have a view of the item shipment.  

MrSL
Leader

@Optik-Kate  Guess I spoke too soon with my glowing feedback following a 2 1/2 hour telephone conversation with Blaise in Tech support.

Been waiting over 5 weeks for my promised free Wi-Fi plus equipment (because it was deemed a Tech issue) . Never arrived. Never updated. Not surprised LOL.

No option but to try support again! After spending hour or so on chat was disconnected during a transfer - convenient eh(?).... Same old, same old, so requested a telephone call back this time. Long story short. Got call back - NOT being sent equipment 'free of charge' now being sent another replacement TelusTV-21T box see if that's the problem and if not, well maybe or maybe not loyalty dept will see what else can be done.... Getting Deja Vu 😞

The gentleman I spoke to was very polite, as was I. I sympathized with him. Been there, done that, just doing the job as best they can, nothing personal!  Explained I was not prepared to go thru another 2 1/2 hours of same old questions...

So like the rest of TELUS - Smoke and Mirrors - looks great but fails to deliver time and time again!

The saga continues...

As does the P204 & P201 errors...

MrSL
Leader

So the errors still continue. Zero response, no updates, no surprise. This is no doubt another thread, ignored and destined to die...

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

This error is still being investigated by our dev team. Best resolution attempt would be to try again or try rebooting. Definitely being worked on!

Yes @A-B thank you.

I shut down the hub and reboot the TELUSTV-21T STB and can usually replay the recording, providing I restart from the beginning (and not resume). Happens frequently with long sports / golf recordings, i.e. 3+ hours...