cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Free Previews

BobArthur
Ambassador

I started and updated a thread like this over on the SHAW forums when I was a SHAW customer so I figured I would start one here now that I am with Telus. I get my free preview updates from a couple of different sources and they are usually 100% correct. If any of these free previews have been confirmed to be available on Telus I will make a note of this.

September 1 to September 30 - Adult Swim and History ( both are currently available on Telus )

October 1 to October 31 - Showcase, HGTV and YTV ( only Showcase and HGTV are confirmed to be available on Telus )

November 1 to November 30 - W Network and Food Network ( only the W Network is confirmed to be available on Telus )

8 REPLIES 8

BobArthur
Ambassador

NHL Centre Ice is having a free preview from September 24th to October 17th. No word yet as to which cable companies will make it available.

Unfortunately Telus is not carrying the current NHL Centre Ice free preview. I just checked all the Centre Ice channels and nothing is coming through.  😡

Good news - I just noticed that the Centre Ice channels are now coming through. Not sure when the free preview will end but originally I read that it would be available until October 17th.

BobArthur
Ambassador

Showcase and HGTV are now available via free preview. Looks like Telus is not including the YTV free preview.

The Food Network and the W Network are now coming through as free previews. CTV Life and Love & Nature may also be available too but I already get those channels so I can't check.

BobArthur
Ambassador

Hollywood Suite announced that they are doing their annual December free preview. It's a National free preview running from December 1st to January 5th but the press release does not mention exactly which providers will be making it available. 

https://hollywoodsuite.ca/hollywood-suite-free-preview-december-2022/

BobArthur
Ambassador

So the Hollywood Suite channels are now coming through via their free preview. Also CMT is now on a free preview - other cable providers are showing this one as being available until January 3rd.

BobArthur
Ambassador

- CTV Comedy and CTV Sci-Fi are now coming through - nothing on the Telus site but other cable companies have these free previews ending on January 10th. CTV Life and CTV Drama may also be available but I already subscribe to them so I can't tell if they are on a free preview.

- Showcase, W Network, Food Network, HGTV and History are all coming through and are now listed on the " Free Preview " channel ( channel 5 here in Vancouver ). But since all of these free previews were scheduled to end earlier who knows how much longer they will last.