cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back Bloomberg TV (U.S. feed) to the Optik TV News North America theme pack

ymtakeda
Just Moved In

TELUS discontinued Bloomberg TV Canada (I.e. Bloomberg TV U.S. feed) on 2018-05-01(Tue) after the launch of BNN Bloomberg on 2018-04-30(Mon), thereby preventing me from recording Bloomberg TV U.S. stream shows on the TELUS provided PVR.

A day later, on 2018-05-02(Wed), Bloomberg L.P. announced the start of a metered paywall that charges users US $35/month for access to Bloomberg.com and the company’s consumer news apps. Non-subscribers can only stream 30 minutes of live TV or videos per day.

I cannot justify paying US $35 per month for content that was included in my TELUS News North America theme pack until 2018-04-30(Mon). Please bring back the U.S. feed to the theme pack or negotiate a preferential rate for TELUS' Canadian subscribers to stream live TV and videos from Bloomberg.com. I think $3 per month, which is what I pay for BBC World News on Optik TV, would be reasonable amount.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
BellMedia has acquired the rights to the channel. As you already know Bloomberg and BNN has rebranded. The American feed won’t be coming back as a result of the launch.

You’re welcome to send your complaints to BellMedia, as this is out of Telus hands.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
BellMedia has acquired the rights to the channel. As you already know Bloomberg and BNN has rebranded. The American feed won’t be coming back as a result of the launch.

You’re welcome to send your complaints to BellMedia, as this is out of Telus hands.