cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amc+ Plus not working

NateC15
Friendly Neighbour
Recently AMC+ plus was introduced as one of the theme pack options. However the channels included do not work with exception of the AMC channels. Even trying to add Shudder on its own does not work. This has been an ongoing issue for awhile now. Anyone updates in regards to this would appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13

BobArthur
Ambassador

Telus recently moved the VOD content for SHUDDER, IFC and Sundance over to channel 440 ( here in Vancouver )  joining the AMC+ VOD content.

NateC15
Friendly Neighbour
When I look for channel 440 on the guide it does not exist. When I first added the theme pack I had access to the AMC channels/On demand content. Shudder/IFC/Sundance channels are not in the guide and I can not watch the On demand content because it's says I'm not subscribed. It also doesn't explain why when I removed the themepack and went to add Shudder on its own that I get an error and can't add it on.

Hey NateC15 - if you are using the same Telus Optik 4K cable box ( VIP5662W ) you have to manually add channel 440 before you gain access to it. If you have one of the newer boxes then I'm not sure what the issue is. Telus recently deleted the separate VOD channels for Sundance ( channel 435 ), IFC ( channel 436 ) and SHUDDER ( channel 444 ) and added them all onto channel 440 along with AMC+.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @NateC15  - Our AMC+ is actually channel 441 but I can check to see if you have the channel in your lineup. I'll send you a message here to assist.

- Eric

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Sorry, that is not the issue I'm talking about. The theme pack is supposed to also have Shudder, IFC and Sundance. I can not access any of these through their respective channels or On Demand sections. If I only have access to them through 441 I am effective losing/not getting what is supposed to be included. Does not also explain why I can not also select Shudder etc. by themselves instead of doing the AMC+ theme pack.

Eric - the AMC+ regular channel is 441 but the AMC+ VOD channel is 440.

NateC15
Friendly Neighbour
I'm using the the Telus TV+ app and having the issue not the box. Should the service not be the same across the board?

I appreciate the extra info! Internally I just searched for AMC+ and only got 441 so that's really good to know! Thank you!

- Eric

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

BobArthur
Ambassador

So NateC15 - has your AMC+ problem been fixed yet ????

NateC15
Friendly Neighbour

No it has not. I call into support and they made a ticket but yet to hear an update.

Neighbour

@TELUS_Support : Any news on this one??? Already mid September and I have the exact same problem ...
Support told me that the only way to get the other channels (Shudder, IFC and Sundance) was to go back to the old system ... what kind of solution is that?
Nobody asked you to change our system and go to Android TV ... you call that a Revolution? What a joke!

NateC15
Friendly Neighbour

The person I talked to escalated  it to someone higher up and they were supposed to reach out to me when it was fixed. Never heard back but it did get fix so I don't really have much of solution.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Our dev team is looking into this to see if it's a known issue, and we'll update here if we hear anything back!