cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Telus Prepaid visa card.

Duesbute
Friendly Neighbour

I received a Telus prepaid visa card for $50 from Telus.  It can only be used at participating Telus stores.  I tried to call Telus to have it used on my account.  Agent couldn't do it.  I couldn't do it.  Error message received.  Agent tried to get support from payment services who put through my bill payment 10 days early on my credit card, nothing on the prepaid card.  Thanks Telus, that's not what I asked for.  Said the reason the prepaid card failed is because it's expired.  Expiry is 06/23, it's still June and it's still valid.  I called the prepaid card provider and verified that they see the transactions from Telus as being tried but not successful.  My card balance is still $50.  So how can I get Telus to properly apply this prepaid card to my account?

5 REPLIES 5

Zman2k2
Ambassador

On the “rewards” section of the MyTelus app, it says that Telus Mastercard cards can only be used in store or at www.Telus.com/accessories.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you mentioned, the card itself is good at participating TELUS stores.

Duesbute
Friendly Neighbour

Went into a participating corporate Telus store yesterday and transaction failed.  Not sure what to do now when even Telus store employees tried valiantly multiple ways to make the transaction go through but not successful.  I have verified with the prepaid card service provider that the card is still valid.

Duesbute
Friendly Neighbour

Tried purchasing online:  

Duesbute_0-1686926897039.png

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, I'll send you a private message so we can discuss further, thanks.