cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyTelus app advertising to me with notifications

Jared743
Just Moved In
Received a notification about a new phone available from the myTelus app. This is the second time this has happened, and there doesn't appear to be any way to turn it off. There used to be more settings in the app that allowed for this sort of thing to be customized, but now there are no more options. Options have definitely been as I both remember turning them off previously from the menu and the support tech I spoke with had documentation to disable these ads and was also surprised by the changes.

Don't send me push ads without my consent.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

Unfortunately that's the trend now with all apps. My banking apps, shopping apps, travel apps. streaming apps, etc. all do this. I turn off notifications where possible but in many cases the reason I use the app is to get the normal (non-advertisement) notifications. 😑

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

xray
Hero

Unfortunately that's the trend now with all apps. My banking apps, shopping apps, travel apps. streaming apps, etc. all do this. I turn off notifications where possible but in many cases the reason I use the app is to get the normal (non-advertisement) notifications. 😑