cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opting out of marketing calls: has anyone succeeded recently?

QQ888
Just Moved In

I get about 1-2 calls a day on average from Telus and if a scammer is out also pretending to be Telus it can be 2-4 calls a day. Until I sign up for their services they don’t stop (and even afterward, they forget and keep calling!).

I requested to be removed, unsubscribed, and blocked all the official Telus numbers as well as scammers I found and they start texting or emailing me from a different list or local number instead. I was so sure it was a scammer until I finally answered some and it was indeed the real Telus. Whenever I send in formal requests or click unsubscribe, it tells me it may take 7-10 days for the request to submit.
Is there anything else I can do? I’ve been a Telus client for 17 years and they have become insufferable the last 2 years. 

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Officially we will remove you from lists when asked to and it can take up to 10 days to take effect but it's definitely not a practice to call from a local number. We have observed number spoofing in campaigns to phish for personal info. May i ask how you were able to confirm it was an official TELUS rep?

BL04
Neighbour

I just did it now... they email replied (quite quickly) saying that all my lines are removed from marketing calls for 3 years... we'll see if that takes. 

[email protected] or by telephone, toll free, at 1-800-567-0000

Also note, lots of fake 1-800/1-866 numbers out there that pose as TELUS.