cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled service but still being charged

CDMama
Just Moved In
A month ago, my husband called to cancel our home security as we were moving. No problem, they confirm it will be done and advise him we should bring all our equipment (we were transferring internet to the new house) with us.
Internet gets set up at the new place no problem, but we notice the old house showing up with internet and security on our account. He calls to verify security has been cancelled. Waits on hold forever. The system was down or something, they say they'll call back and let him know. No call. He calls back again, again on hold and getting bounced around. Yes, security is cancelled, no worries.

Today we get our bill. Guess what isn't cancelled?? Security. He calls back again. Now they're saying we're going owe a cancellation fee of $700???? How was this not mentioned when he was cancelling? Or in any of the follow-up calls he made??
6 REPLIES 6

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. That's definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. I'll send you a private message to discuss further!

shedaw12347890S
Friendly Neighbour

ok thanks

how can i cancel out services that idont use now

shedaw12347890S
Friendly Neighbour

if i dont get any  answers for sure going to pay what i have nothing more

shedaw12347890S
Friendly Neighbour

i cancelled out home security system from telus but still billed for it

shedaw12347890S
Friendly Neighbour

was trying to cancelout home security system but  still is on my bill  try to phone them there were busy iam and tired of paying something dont have anymore