cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL CONTROL

BarryN11
Friendly Neighbour

Just added TELUS Call Control to my home phone. The instructions mention an accepted call list. However I can not find a link to access this list to ad numbers. Anyone ??????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

To access the accepted call list you need to log in to your My Telus account on a computer or through the mobile app.

If using the mobile My Telus app: (iOS) (Android)

1. Once logged in to your home account, click on the Plans icon in the bottom right.
  2. Under the Home Phone section select Manage Call Control
  3. There will be a drop down menu that defaults to Call Log. Tap that and select Accepted List. From there you can add or remove numbers.

The process will be similar if using a PC I believe.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

To access the accepted call list you need to log in to your My Telus account on a computer or through the mobile app.

If using the mobile My Telus app: (iOS) (Android)

1. Once logged in to your home account, click on the Plans icon in the bottom right.
  2. Under the Home Phone section select Manage Call Control
  3. There will be a drop down menu that defaults to Call Log. Tap that and select Accepted List. From there you can add or remove numbers.

The process will be similar if using a PC I believe.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BarryN11
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks.. that worked but what a lot of searching to find something that should be out in the open and easily accessible.

I’ve tried this on my iPhone 11, and there’s nothing showing Manage Call Control on the menu items. Now what?
The problem is that I can’t receive calls from US numbers, despite having a Canada/US Unlimited Text/Talk/Data plan (easy roam activated) and nothing on in Focus. The calls don’t even show in my Recents list, but when a shipper calls my number, the recording says Call Control is activated. Now what? Calling the Telus help 🙄 line is an utter waste of time, as the wait is ALWAYS over an hour.

Login to your 'My Telus' account.

Across the top of the page, you should see an icon menu. Select 'Plans and Devices'.

You then should get three more options that pop up. Select 'Call Control'.

That should give you the page where you can view your call  log and add or remove blocked numbers as desired.

Hope this helps...

(This works on my computer using Win 7 with Firefox. I do not have web access on my flip-phone)

This solution worked - with one caveat.
I had to go Plans and Devices, then select Device before the Manage Call Control choice popped up. I was able to do this through the My Telus app.
It’s a major PITA to find and disable Call Control, especially since I didn’t select it to begin with!! Someone who is not tech savvy will have a hell of a time finding this - if they ever do…,

I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted out although I really have no idea why there are different paths for the same solution. Maybe someone else here could explain that. But it is a good thing that you posted on how you resolved the issue. That might now help someone else out who is experiencing the same problem. As computers and cell phones get more advanced features and apps, they seem to be getting less 'intuitive'. That's what I am finding anyway...

Pintoguy
Advisor

I have 'Call Control' on my Telus Landline. I need to access my 'Block Callers' list in order to unblock a phone number. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried using 'Manage Call Control Features' over the phone but there was no way to 'unblock' a number...

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Read the accepted solution.

thanks

Thanks for the reply. But the posted solution applies to Mobility service. I need to access my Landline account to manage the Telus Call Control feature on my Telus Landline. I can't seem to find a way of doing  that...

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's the same solution but you have to change to your home account if you've linked it in the app also. If your home account isn't in the app yet, under the menu in the top left choose Link an account.

1. Tap the menu in the top left and then select your home account. 
  2. Tap Services in the bottom right.
  3. Select Manage Call Control under Home Phone.
  4. There will be a drop down menu that starts off showing Call log. Tap that and select Blocked list. If you have specifically blocked a number, it will show in the list. If you haven't, you'll need to review the Call log and locate the number there. Tap the number that failed to get past Call Block and scroll down until you see two buttons for Accept and Block. Tap Accept to manually whitelist a number. 

The alternative is to log in to your Telus Account through the browser on your computer and change it there.

Thanks to all for the replies and help. It is most sincerely appreciated. I have already figured out how to link my services and the issue is now resolved... 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The accepted solution describes how to access your home phone Call Control through a cell phone. If you do not wish to use that interface, you can login through your MyTelus account interface instead.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"