cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling preferred not coming up

fearnj
Just Moved In

I am in the states for the winter and I am trying to use wifi calling when I can because of poor cell service.

I have gone through the process

Opening up phone ap

clicking on wifi calling 

but below that there is no option for wifi calling preferred only mobile network preferred.

I have registered with telus entering my phone number accepting wifi calling and all of that 

The odd time the wifi calling comes up as a icon but it goes on and off at random. 

How do i change it to wifi calling preferred from mobile network preferred.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Wi-Fi calling is not available when connected to US-based Wi-Fi. You could try a VoIP application such as Fonego.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Wi-Fi calling is not available when connected to US-based Wi-Fi. You could try a VoIP application such as Fonego.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

Telus will give you all sorts of reasons why wifi calling is not allowed out of Canada.  And all of those reasons they gave me were not valid.  I believe Bell offers wifi calling in Canada and US only.  Rogers offers it all over the world except where prohibited by law.  If you really want to get it to work, it used to come up on Telus if you vpn into Canada. I urge you to call customer service, complain about this, escalate, and then escalate again.  Obviously not enough people are complaining about this or they wouldn't be doing this foolishness.