cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus phone not sending texts

Fartgoblin1999
Organizer

Hi, my # is receiving texts just fine, able to make calls, and can use data, but for the last week I can't send texts (I have a second number which is why I’ve not dealt with this yet). The text just says not sent or sending failed.

Using my sim in 3 different phones, I’ve tried: resetting mobile network settings, factory resetting the phone, turning on and off RCS, double checking that the number is deregistered from iMessage, clearing the storage and cache for every messaging app, ping tests, sending multiple numbers test texts, and trying dif apps including Google Messages, Samsung Messages, and QKSMS. Tried iPhone, S24 Ultra, flip phone. All had the same problem. 

I’m hoping someone can help me with a solution that doesn’t involve calling or visiting the store (since those both can take a lot of time), or at least what to ask for when I do. Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Fartgoblin1999 - did this just randomly start happening? Was there an upgrade of a line from iPhone to Android?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

It started happening randomly, I had the sim in an iPhone 5S but it stopped working randomly. I didn’t think anything of it until I put it in a new Android (Mive Alt Style Folder) and finally tested it on my S24 Ultra that came with the plan. It doesn’t send texts on any of the three. The number is fully deregistered from iMessage, Google RCS, and Samsung enhanced features. Everything else still works (calls, mms, data, even iMessage when I had it enabled) but it can’t send an sms no matter what I do.

I only use the iPhone for Apple Maps, so I have a shortcut configured on my iPad that forwards any texts I get from that number to my main one. Am wondering if it got flagged or throttled for doing this text forwarding?

We can take a look. Please send us a private message and we'll try to troubleshoot with you

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Fartgoblin1999
Organizer

I have accidentally accepted this as the solution and can’t undo it it seems 😧

For anyone interested, the final solution to Telus texts not sending was changing the message centre in the Samsung messages app. I had to go to menu, settings, more settings, text messages, and change the +7 in message centre to +16475800172