cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send and receive SMS at mobile number on PC?

Rocketman
Friendly Neighbour

In the Messages app on my iPad, I can receive and send texts as through they were comings to/from my iPhone's number.  I would like to do the same on a PC (not a Mac). I dont know whether this capability of the iPad is because Telus associated the two devices on the same mobile account, but it works whether or not it has cellular service turned on.  I know how to send a text from the PC but I also want them to show up as coming from the iPhone and I want texts to the iPhone to appear on the PC. Is there any way of doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Messages app is for iMessages and SMS if you are on an iPhone. iMessage is different than SMS as it uses data and Apple's servers to communicate. That's why it works over wifi as well as 3G. Being able to see those messages on Mac OSX is because Apple built in Messages to the OS itself. iMessage isn't coming to PC. It's an Apple specific platform feature.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Messages app is for iMessages and SMS if you are on an iPhone. iMessage is different than SMS as it uses data and Apple's servers to communicate. That's why it works over wifi as well as 3G. Being able to see those messages on Mac OSX is because Apple built in Messages to the OS itself. iMessage isn't coming to PC. It's an Apple specific platform feature.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Maybe it is time to get a Mac, Rocketman!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

1.Backup all text messages to computer;

2.Save text messages as CSV file

3.Print out sms from mobile phone

4.send sms using computer to mobile phone

5.Group texting to anyone.   

That is SMS Messages Software.

??????????????????