cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor cell service actually crap cell service

Debb1
Friendly Neighbour
So I am having very bad cell service, dropped calls constantly, calls that are cutting out etc. After two separate occasions of over 2 hour phone calls with technical support , I am sent this message #1
#1 Hi Debbie, as discussed here's your ticket number 10835747. Thanks for your kind understanding as we're working on your service. Free TELUS msg.

after an additional call to technical support to see what was being done I received the second message. #2

#2 Hello. This is Telus Network Support. We have received a ticket for your service issues.
After an investigation, we have determined this location and some of its surrounding areas to be an Area of Concern. At the moment, we have not been provided an exact date for a resolution. If possible, please use Wi-Fi Calling. Thank you.

Well my Wi-Fi calling had already been turned on, it was not making a difference, (in fact it was cutting out while speaking with escalation later in my story) So I called billing because I wanted a reduction in my bill for having no service . Well, the first person I spoke to told me it wasn’t their responsibility to have a signal which I thought was very funny as that’s what I thought the company was or did I don’t know I’m so confused about what IS their responsibility.so I had her transfer me to a supervisor (I assume this was the escalation department) and again he read out the contract that said they are not responsible for bad cell reception .
This is in my home? If they can not support my home address then why would they even put me on a plan????? My husbands phone was purchased in December would they not know that our address could not be supported by their network!? so what it boils down to is Telus is not taking responsibility of the cell signal or lack there of and I am stuck in a buy it back plan that they want to charge me for the phone (way more than the phone actually would cost). I said take the phone back? No no no
Frustrating! I am going to do everything in my power to get out of this by just returning the phone. ( My husband previously was with Rogers and had zero issues in this area for 14 years! I surprised him with a new phone and added his number to my bill so he would not have a bill to pay. Needles to say he is not happy with my surprise!
8 REPLIES 8

Syaoran
Rockstar

WiFi Calling is very dependent on a couple of things.  The Telus backend servers that handle WiFi Calling and routing, your internet speed, and latency between you and those Telus servers.  Ideally, you want an internet speed of 15Mbit up and 15 Mbit down to adequately provide an optimal WiFi Calling experience.  

If you are new to Telus and if it is within the 14 day buyer remorse period.  You can cancel your service without any penalty.  

Debb1
Friendly Neighbour
I am not new to Telus. My husband is? Also it is not buyers remorse. I would have no problem if I could actually use my phone. The Technician checked my wifi and it is fine so that is not the issue. The problem of bad cell service started a couple years ago and has gotten progressively worse. A huge sub-division has been put in at the end of my street and that is when it started. It is now at the point where all my calls are choppy or dropped. I think that something is overloaded because of the increased users in our area. Telus should be doing something about this! If they would just let me out of the buy it back. I will go to Rogers where they are not having this issue.

Debb1
Friendly Neighbour
Also I want to warn others of the issue so they can make the choice NOT to use Telus as their answer is. Sorry we are not responsible for your signal! 🤦🏻‍:female_sign: So absolutely frustrating!

It would be helpful if we knew what area you live ?
I'm in the west side of Edmonton ( 215 st & south of 62 Ave) and we have the same issue, so I was curious if it was the same or they have poor signal quality in others as well.

Syaoran
Rockstar

That definitely sounds like a congestion issue. If Telus isn't willing to acknowledge that and do something about it The best way to show them you will not settle for sub-par service, is to move your services over to Rogers.

Debb1
Friendly Neighbour
And be charged a ridiculous amount of money for the buy it back phone! They should be kindly letting us out of this just by returning the phones and we who to Rogers. They will not of course nor take responsibility, nor fix the problem!

kash
Just Moved In

I have been experiencing the same issues in areas where just 2-3  months ago I had great data speeds and reception. Every time I call they try to make me change my 5G phone to LTE only. I tell them that I am paying for 5G service, in an area that has historically had 5G service and is indicated on their coverage maps as having 5G. Each time I get no resolution or even acknowledgement that something has changed. Its incredibly frustrating and I will be switching back to Rogers in the fall when I buy a new phone. 

TnahAtomic
Just Moved In

I'm having the exact same issues!!!! calls constantly dropping, all the time!  when it rings, I answer, then I get dead air, no connection.  Calls are choppy, I'm getting so angry, its hard to do my job when I can't speak to my clients.  I call Telus and wait for 5 min, then call drops.  This has only been in the last few months as well, never had an issue before.  So done with Telus.