cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help with me! I’ve been trying to cancel my 2nd phone with Telus!

SR3
Just Moved In

Hi, 

So I think Telus is awesome. I’ve been a customer of theirs for approximately 20 years. When my son turned 11, I added another phone under my name for him to use until 3 weeks or so when he turned 21 and went to a different company. We stay loyal to our businesses bc they work hard to serve us but when the business is over charging you and telling you “it is an admin” decision. And continually hangs up on you by “accident” when transferring you, you can understand your son wanting to go elsewhere. So elsewhere he went. But guess where his mom’s second phone bill went? So here is the story. Feel free to laugh and share at the audacity of Telus doing this to one of their longest customers, it still remaining unresolved. Executive members have been emailed and still no response! About a month ago, so it was about august 15th, I had a chat with a Telus employee. I had just paid off a large bill and had no contract left with them. I had two phones and asked them if they could offer us something first before we looked at new phones and new contracts. He said no. While looking at the bill with him, I realized when my contract had been paid, (this is called something other than contract bc they don’t like to use that word anymore, but it is usually 2 years, the cost to borrow the phone even if you have a bring it back program. However in this case both the phone and the 2 years would have to be complete to be released from the contract fees.) you staying with me? This is getting long! So my contract is paid off along with my bill, I’ve been with Telus for 20 years and they will not lower my bill by allowing me to pick my own service plan. Instead they increase it by $5. I ask them why they did that? They said it is manager’s choice to pick you a mobile pkg after your contract is finished. I said I didn’t want to change my pkg. he said nothing has changed Essentially except we are now charing you an extra $5.? Uhm. I don’t like this. Can you remove this extra fee? No, sorry. Can I pick a different mobile plan that is cheaper? My contract fee is still being charged essentially hidden within the monthly charges bc my bill shouldn’t stay the same for 2 years after I pay off my contract. He agreed but was unable to help. Okay. So my son is gone to another company. I ask Telus to cancel his phone. They say it won’t be an issue and he won’t have any charges (this is actually my phone) unless it isn’t canceled before Sept, you have two weeks they say so you can call back in two weeks in case some new offer comes up free of charge. Okay so two weeks later I call to cancel and they say I have to talk to my son, which is weird bc it is not his account just his name on my second phone I pay to let him use. He speaks to them and then they hang up by accident. Okay so it has been 3 weeks of about 12 emails, 15 phone calls, 2 executive members emails and one in particular staff who happens to be the last one, who said “we don’t know how to cancel your phone.” “It looks like it was canceled or some employee tried but it isn’t canceled and an error is coming up now when I try”. So I say please don’t add any charges to this account. It isn’t being used. He said I can’t do that, that has to be dealt with through the loyalty department. Click.  So I have two phones with Telus, I’m wondering if I want any. But I definitely want these charges removed and this second phone’s services canceled. It would be nice for Telus to email me so this is on file, or call and tell me this is resolved. My second phone is canceled and any charges removed. I’d like to see if you can also remove the extra $5 on my account. Thanks 

0 REPLIES 0