cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit Kit OS Update

fc70
Just Moved In
When is Telus going to receive & release the Kit Kat 4.4.2 OS update?
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DanJRWalsh
Just Moved In

There is no such thing as a general update. Every device receives updates separately. The manufacturer of the device has to release the update for that specific device, after which Telus then has to send the OTA (over the air) update out.

View solution in original post

I was reading today that AT&T released the Kitkat update for the LGG2 phones, my HTC one already has the update from Telus, so hopefully Telus will pick up the update for thr lgg2 phones soon.

Paris just got KitKat, maybe telus soon ????

Dimo-X

Hi there!

In addition to what DanJRWalsh mentioned, there is a process involved in releasing software updates. We also have to test for any potential network/device/compatibility issues/bugs. Once and if the update has passed rigirous testing then it will show on the  http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/Software-Updates/index.shtml site 🙂

Robot Happy

The link at telus is not up to date, the HTC ONE already has 4.4 kitkat for about a month now

5 REPLIES 5

DanJRWalsh
Just Moved In

There is no such thing as a general update. Every device receives updates separately. The manufacturer of the device has to release the update for that specific device, after which Telus then has to send the OTA (over the air) update out.

I was reading today that AT&T released the Kitkat update for the LGG2 phones, my HTC one already has the update from Telus, so hopefully Telus will pick up the update for thr lgg2 phones soon.

Paris just got KitKat, maybe telus soon ????

Dimo-X

Hi there!

In addition to what DanJRWalsh mentioned, there is a process involved in releasing software updates. We also have to test for any potential network/device/compatibility issues/bugs. Once and if the update has passed rigirous testing then it will show on the  http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/Software-Updates/index.shtml site 🙂

Robot Happy

The link at telus is not up to date, the HTC ONE already has 4.4 kitkat for about a month now