cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've exceeded my data usage. Is there anyway to buy more to hold me over until next bill?

Mirross10
Just Moved In

Exceeded data usage. 

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you on pre-paid or contract?

All I could find on Telus' support knowledgebase is for customers to call in to Telus for issues like this. The only overages mentioned online are the $0.15/MB type and not plans or add-ons.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nighthawk​ is correct - we need a wee bit more information. Specifically, are you one a Share or YourChoice plan or a legacy plan that includes built-in data? 

For the latter, you'd have to change out of the plan into a new, in-market one, to be able to augment your purchased data with more. For the former option, you can change your data bucket at any time.

For pre-paid accounts, you can change your data option at any time. I hope this helps.

Ryder25
Neighbour
Telus offered more 2 GB of data for $25.00 how do I get it.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sometime since 2015, Telus added the ability to add 300 MB or 1 GB up to 3 times in a billing period. You can add it in My Account by looking in the plan add--on section. You will find it in the drop down box containing all the add on options.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"