cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Review

LucLeLeannec
Just Moved In

Hi,

I'm not much for telemarketers but I just had a really good service call with a Telus employee and I would like to write a positive review for them. Where would I do this?

3 REPLIES 3

xray
Hero
Was this a sales call or service/support call? You kind of mention both. There are avenues for feedback for service/support but I don't know about sales.

mr_pepsss
Just Moved In

Read this before purchasing any services from TELUS.

I constantly encounter lies from Telus. They lie to make more money, and I feel deceived and am an unhappy customer.

Let's start with the fact that I connected to 1 gigabit internet for $65 at the Telus store in Cross Iron Mall. The salesgirl said that she couldn't just give me the internet for $65; I needed to also sign up for a home phone and Optic TV. She said that I could cancel these services within a month and keep only the internet for $65 without any problems. If I didn't cancel, I would pay $105 per month for everything. This was lie #1.

Then I called to cancel the home phone and Optic TV, but the employee on the phone said that if I did that, my internet bill would go up to $120 per month. I said that the store promised I could cancel for free and the internet price would not change. The phone employee told me that they always lie in the store to sell more services. Here I got confirmation from the employee that I was lied to.

Okay, I accepted that I needed an additional service to get my internet for $65, so I decided to switch my Optic TV to services I would actually use: Netflix Premium, Disney Premium, and Amazon Prime TV.

The phone employee switched these services for me and said that now I would pay $110 per month, but I would have my internet and the subscriptions I needed. He asked how many TVs I had. I replied that I had two TVs, and he said he would send special TV boxes for each TV for FREE (spoiler: this is a lie) because I wouldn't be able to use my subscriptions without them. I told him that I have Android TV and all the necessary apps, that I could log into my subscriptions on them and asked if I really needed these TV boxes. He insisted that it was not possible and that I could only use my subscriptions with their device. This was lie #2.

Then the fun with packages began. They sent me one TV box when they promised two, and it came without a remote control. Funny, how am I supposed to use it if there are no control buttons on the box? They also sent me a video recorder, which I didn't ask for and have never seen before. I called to tell them about this, and they said they always send TV boxes without remotes and that the remote should be purchased separately for $30, but they generously agreed to send me the remote for free. By the way, when I started reading reviews about Telus, I saw that they often do this. It's a constant scheme in their company: send without a remote and then charge for it. I also told them they promised me two TV boxes but I received only one. They told me not to worry, and that they would send another one. They sent it, but also without a remote - they are testing my patience, I can't explain it otherwise.

Finally, I received two TV boxes and one remote, and I began to set up the TV boxes. Neither of the two TV boxes could connect to the Telus router. In the end, I called for help, and a new phone employee told me that if I have Android TV, I don't need TV boxes and that I can connect my subscriptions directly on my TVs. I asked how to return these boxes since I didn't need them. He promised to send instructions to my email but didn't want to discuss it on the phone. I didn’t got this email.

In my next bill, I saw charges for renting the TV boxes and video recorder that were promised for free. This was lie #3, which I had already spoiled for you.

They sent me equipment that I obviously didn't need and now want me to pay for it.

After this, I received a call from Telus offering to switch my mobile operator with better conditions. They promised to keep my family's phone numbers and transfer us to Telus for FREE. I (foolishly) agreed, and then I received a bill charging $60 for each phone number for this service. This was lie #4.

All these lies were from different people, leading me to conclude that this is part of Telus's corporate culture. I haven't even mentioned that I spent hours on the phone resolving these issues - HOURS, I'm not kidding. It often takes more than an hour to get a response from customer support.

From technical point of view, Telus's services are good, but their attitude towards customers is terrible. I hope my review will be helpful to someone, and I also hope this review reaches those who can correct such treatment of customers.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.