Cruisin 2 Alaska

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Departing Vancouver, I see no indications of Roaming on my phone while in the Inside Passage. Am I on Telus or on the cruise ship's roaming network.

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
I'll add that I can get service for just under an hour near Prince Rupert. Your outside cabin needs to face Prince Rupert, or you need to go to the top deck.

This is absolutely great. I've heard horror's of roaming service on cruise ships. Running on Telus means I don't need to drop $250 for 1000 minutes of wifi.

View solution in original post

All Replies
oneoldsage
Neighbour

I just did that cruise and you will be on TELUS until you get basically to the tip of Vanocuver Island. I ahd good service at Alert Bay on the way back and all the way to YVR.

Most Helpful
xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
I'll add that I can get service for just under an hour near Prince Rupert. Your outside cabin needs to face Prince Rupert, or you need to go to the top deck.

This is absolutely great. I've heard horror's of roaming service on cruise ships. Running on Telus means I don't need to drop $250 for 1000 minutes of wifi.

View solution in original post

Curtis
Helpful Neighbour

On the inside passage you will also find service a Klemtu, Hartley Bay and Poacher Island (about 40Km before Prince Rupert) as well as the locations mentioned above.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum