cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$3 Data Block Charge for Voice Only Plan

theinfamous07
Just Moved In

I have a corporate voice only plan through work, yet I am now being charged $3 a month for a data block. My question is why am I being charged this on a voice only plan, and how do I get this charge removed? Using the live agent option has been hopeless as I keep getting thrown into a chat loop, with the office also seemingly closed during the middle of the day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Many new phones leak data on voice and text plans. The plans are standard with pay-per-use data. For those few users on those plans, dealing with the data overages was an ongoing issue. The data block is an option for those who want to ensure no data is ever available to them.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Many new phones leak data on voice and text plans. The plans are standard with pay-per-use data. For those few users on those plans, dealing with the data overages was an ongoing issue. The data block is an option for those who want to ensure no data is ever available to them.

NFtoBC

theinfamous07
Just Moved In

Thanks @NFtoBC for the quick reply! In 10 years with Telus, I've never had any data leakage as I rarely use my phone at all. How do I get this block removed? 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Contact Telus directly through your corporate team member, and make the request.

NFtoBC