iphone4 to galaxy S4?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

hailmitchaddy
Neighbour

Thinking on making the switch from iphone4 to galaxy S4 should I bother? I'm trying to not pay for a phone, but is the Galaxy s4 even worth upgrading to or would it be just as out dated? Obviously I get its a totally different phone and galaxy operates on android. Will I be happy?

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
There are a number of ways to accomplish this. I suggest a web search. Google will have created a number of ways to make your move from iOS to Android as straight forward as possible.

I'd suggest as long a test drive on your planned new OS, as there will be considerable differences.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
hailmitchaddy
Neighbour

**Also. Anyone know an EASY way to switch over my contacts if I choose to go with the Galaxy?

Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
There are a number of ways to accomplish this. I suggest a web search. Google will have created a number of ways to make your move from iOS to Android as straight forward as possible.

I'd suggest as long a test drive on your planned new OS, as there will be considerable differences.
NFtoBC

View solution in original post

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Apple's devices are likely to be supported with updated to the OS and Apps longer than Samsung's devices. Old iOS devices still easily update to, or download the most recent compatible version of software; not sure about Android.

You can also get the iPhone 5c for about the same price as the G4.
NFtoBC
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Android devices lose OS update support quickly. That Samsung tablet that Telus offered users a little while back no longer gets any updates. The S4 since it's an older phone already likely will lose updates much sooner than an S5. Instead of paying out for a Samsung phone, I'd rather buy the unlocked Nexus 5 directly from Google (cheaper than S4) which gets updates from Google directly and likely will longer than other manufacturers devices will. All depends what Apple rolls out in September for the new iPhones.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
hailmitchaddy
Neighbour
Thank you. I think I will wait and get the 5c or 5s