cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group messaging fails to download

oggie
Neighbour

I recently switched from Bell to Telus on my Pixel 8. MMS and RCS worked fine while on Bell.  Now that I'm on Telus, I'm constantly getting errors in the google messages app that it can't download. It just shows thismms-failure.png

I've tried everything... reboot, clear cache . Verify the APN settings are correct. I'm going back to Bell if this continues.

7 REPLIES 7

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hello. We'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I am experiencing the same issue. If you were able to resolve the issue for this person, posting the solution would be appreciated.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @JGD - When did this issue start?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

It began a few months ago after I got a new SIM card.  I got a new SIM card last week to see if it would resolve the issue, but it did not.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

It might be a device issue. Maybe try turning RCS off and on again? We can go from there and we'll send you a message to try to help

Turning RCS off and on does not resolve the issue.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Gotcha. If all the devices have Group Messaging and data services enabled, as well as all the other standard troubleshooting has been tried, your best bet would be to reach out directly to our Mobility support team for further investigation.