cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp

Kiwifruit
Neighbour

I cannot receive the verification code from WhatsApp to create an account. The error message says we couldn’t send an SMS to your number. I’ve tried turning off my phone, putting it on and off airplane mode and reloading the app. I spent an hour chatting to an Apple rep to check that everything on my phone should allow me to get the code. The tech suggested it was possibly a cellular service issue. 
Any suggestions would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JSim
Just Moved In
I had the same issue and tried everything that was already suggested in this forum with no success.

What worked for me was changing the network selection on my phone from automatic to manual. Then select the network (Telus) manually. I went back to whatsapp and repeated the verification process with no issues. I was able to receive the 6 digit whatsapp code.

Hopefully this is helpful.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Hopefully something here will help:

How to register your phone number | WhatsApp Help Center

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks, I’ve tried all of the suggestions on that site but no joy

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you get the option for "Call Me" after 5 minutes? Seems like a good workaround if SMS isn't working.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

xray
Hero

I assume you don't have any issues getting SMS messages in general and that other services that use 2 factor authentication can send codes by SMS to your number?

If that is the case then the issue is probably at the WhatsApp side. Have a look here to see if there is something you haven't already tried:

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-whatsapp-not-sending-a-security-code

Thanks

Syaoran
Rockstar
If your number is a prepaid number. Some authentication services do not work with prepaid numbers.

JSim
Just Moved In
I had the same issue and tried everything that was already suggested in this forum with no success.

What worked for me was changing the network selection on my phone from automatic to manual. Then select the network (Telus) manually. I went back to whatsapp and repeated the verification process with no issues. I was able to receive the 6 digit whatsapp code.

Hopefully this is helpful.