Unable to return phone from online order.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Johngaspar
Just Moved In

Hi all,

So about 2 months ago I placed an order to add a line to my current account. Waited 2 weeks for tracking and any kind of shipping information, constantly emailed telusorders@telus.com and tried calling the web store number with no avail. I got pretty fed up with the whole ordeal and decided to go into an actual location to add the line instead. But to cancel the order I would have to contact the web store which I was already trying to do anyway but I got a hold of an online representative who told me there was nothing they could do as the web store is a different division, totally understandable, the representative then sent an email to the web team to escalate my issue and that I wanted the order to be cancelled.

I went in store, added the line no problem, a few weeks later the original phone which I ordered finally arrived with a SIM card. Obviously I don't want the phone anymore so I have been trying to constantly get a hold of the web team to get some sort of shipping label to send it back. I'm on my 2nd week of having the phone, unopened, with still no reply from the web team on a return label.

I am completely fine with waiting till they finally get back to me with some sort of reply, my question is, will I ever be charged for the phone? To my knowledge as long as I don't activate the SIM I won't be charged for the plan but what if this goes on for a while, will this phone just sit here unpaid for weeks? Or will Telus eventually charge me for the phone? 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I would expect Telus would eventually charge you for the phone, figuring you did not return the phone with the mailer they forgot to send you. I suggest continuing your emails, referencing previous ones, so your continued intent to return the unwanted phone is very clear.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Johngaspar
Just Moved In

Thanks for the reply.

Is the Telus online store usually like this? I've been with many providers over the years and shopping online and getting the phone delivered has always been a pretty seamless process and support is always really good. I've been quite impressed with the online chat and phone representatives but the online store is just so frustrating to get into contact with.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Usually the online store is pretty good. They may be currently recovering from the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales volumes, thus no recent replies. My latest phone arrived a few days after release.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"